“Branding” has its origins in the corporate world and it is equally applicable and vital to the success of any organization. There is an image of your organization and its mission you wish to project. If you can express it in a way that makes it distinctive, memorable and conjures up the desired image and value for your audience, then you have succeeded. Branding is the process that accomplishes that end. Whether you are looking to launch a new product or refresh an existing one, introduce a new organization, program or service, we take great care in crystalizing the key traits, understanding the core audience and refining the words necessary to communicate these elements.
Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability
It’s not enough for you to have great products and services in our highly competitive business environment. Today customers and other stakeholders want to know how you treat your employees, the environment and the community where you do business. Whether you are new to this increased scrutiny or have a track record and history of making these types of investments, we work with you to embed corporate citizenship and sustainability into all facets of your organization in a way that is consistent with your business activities and objectives. Capabilities include:
- Strategy Development and Execution
- Stakeholder Dialogues and Engagement
- “Signature Program” Development
- Communications Strategy and Messaging
- Program Management and Evaluation
- Knowledge Leadership and Positioning
For clients in the nonprofit and academic sectors, we help build capacity by preparing and positioning your organization to serve as a strategic partner for corporations. We do this by leveraging the impact of your organization to highlight the value that you can bring to a corporate partner. Additionally, we work with you to create the tools and messages necessary to reach out to, partner with and recognize corporate partners that can help advance your own organization’s mission.
Product / Campaign Launch
Maximize the return of your investment by developing highly targeted messaging to your target audience. We identify ways to simplify and streamline the communication while also focusing on the elements that make people take action (whether that means buying a product or supporting an organization). Our creative, collaborative approach is focused on achieving results.
Effective, on-going communication is paramount. Clarity and consistency are needed to grow and sustain your network of support. All your communications materials must have a voice that is consistent and a message that is compelling and distinctive. We ensure that the design is appealing, the copy is compelling and that the look and feel of all communications material supports your mission. We offer services related to both internal communications and external communications, with more details on these services outlined below.
- Internal – Successful organizations require strong communications. We provide in-house capabilities at a fraction of the price, working with leadership to understand your organization’s objectives and the supporting strategies and designing communications around them. This enables leadership to spend more time focused on achieving objectives rather than explaining priorities. Internal communications services include:
- Communications Assessment – reviewing current practices and recommending ways to maximize the impact of the message
- Message Development – finding the most effective and powerful way to convey your message
- Execution – identifying the best channel to communicate information to your audience using both traditional and new media
- External – Effective external communications builds loyalty and maximizes your return. Whether you want to inform people about internal activities or highlight recent community service, we work with you to develop and distribute the message. We use both traditional public relations channels and newer social media channels, with specific plans focused on each. Specific services include:
- Establishing Communications priorities – using your marketing or strategic plan as the guide, we prioritize the messages you want to highlight.
- Message Development – finding the best way to get your message across. We tailor communications to the way the information will be distributed. Press releases, blog entries, Twitter feeds and Facebook posts, each require a different approach to maximize their effectiveness.
- Message Distribution – getting the message out. Some communications are tailor made for traditional PR, others for blogs, and still others for social media, and often we use them all.
Leadership transition can be very disruptive, but it doesn’t have to be. We provide both short and medium term leadership to ensure you don’t lose momentum. With senior level marketing and communications expertise, we can ease the pain and maximize the likelihood of a smooth transition.